MLSTest is a free Windows-based software for the analysis of Multilocus Sequence Data of haploid and diploid organisms. MLSTest is implemented using Visual Basic. The major aims and functions of MLSTest are:
- MLST Data Management (Viewing, editing and concatenating sequences, allelic profiles construction, etc.)
- Managing Diploid sequences
- MLST data Analysis per se (eBURST, Distance Methods, Consensus methods, Multidimensional Scaling)
- Fast and simple tests to determine whether the clustering methods are suitable for the dataset and to analyze genetic structure of the taxon
- To select, reduce and optimize typing schemes
MLSTest requires a computer with Windows xp Service Pack 2 or better and Microsoft.net framework 3.5 or better.
Download here (you will be redirected to codeplex site where the project is hosted, the installer will be directly downloaded). In that page, you can comment, rate and view source code of the project.
A tutorial is available here (a pdf viewer is required)… Tutorial
An example dataset is attached here: dataset ejemplo (This dataset has been published by Lauthier et al. 2012, if you use information from this dataset, please do not forget to cite us)